Many of us wonder how to engage children affected by stress and anxiety while building resiliency for both children and adults, or students and teachers. During this webinar, In Conversation: Supporting Students & Educators Experiencing Trauma, we learned about:
- Understanding the potentially traumatic impact of COVID-19 on school communities and the role educators play in building resilience in themselves and their students.
- Deeply comprehending students’ experiences and what they need while they face real-time trauma.
- Learned about real-time actions and activities that are taking place to care for individuals experiencing trauma in communities and districts.
Dr. Lisa Fortuna, MD, MPH, Chief of Psychiatry and Vice-Chair at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital/UCSF
Tiawana Perez, Principal of PS 6/ West Farms School, NYCDOE
Dr. Barbara Sorrels, Executive Director of The Institute for Childhood Education and CEO of Connected Kid
Michelle (Mickey) Valbrun-Pope, Senior Advisor, Whole-Child Development, New Teacher Center (NTC)
- Atyani Howard, Chief Program Officer, New Teacher Center (NTC)
- Erika Reese, Senior Director, Internal Learning, New Teacher Center (NTC)